Totally used the hash tag #firstworldproblems today. Then I had to explain it (not very well). Then I saw this on Reddit tonight:
So true, Reddit. So true.
Despite the fact that my commute is so ridiculously short it’s practically offensive when I drive, I had to get in my car and drive today because I woke up that late. Missing that walk set the tone for the rest of my day: unproductive. Or at least, not as productive as I wish it could have been.
Exercise has been a chore lately. That was as true today as it’s been. I wanted to just stand in front of the fridge eating fingerfuls of pie filling but I got my shorts on and did my 3 miles on the dreadmill while watching “Who wants to be a Millionaire.”
Deals I make with myself to just work through it include:
- You can run the 3 miles at whatever pace you want.
- Corollary: If you run the last quarter of quarter-mile track really fast, you can run the rest of the quarter-mile track really slow.
- You’ll feel better about yourself when you’re done. (Usually).
- What are you going to do with your time at home that will be more productive and better for you than this?
- You don’t deserve to be skinny if you don’t exercise every day.